4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2015 3:20 AM by pmorrall

Deploying VirusScan 8.8 P5 via EPO on 8.8 P1

pmorrall

Any Pointers for best approach

Clients Win 7 x64

EPO - Deployment Task - Package 8.8 Patch 1

Upgrade Task - 8.8 Patch 2 all was working fine.

The Question is how do I deploy Patch 5?

If I upload the Patch 5 to EPO it overwrites the Patch 2 therefore fails to install on the 8.8 Patch1 Deployment task as Patch 5 requires Patch 2 on the x64 build.

Regards

Phil

• 1. Re: Deploying VirusScan 8.8 P5 via EPO on 8.8 P1
          alhaawi

you should be careful before upgrading to patch 5, I heard that there is an issue with win7 and on demand scan, they say it consumes high cpu, therefore you should test it first.

• 2. Re: Deploying VirusScan 8.8 P5 via EPO on 8.8 P1
            lmcashen

we have seen issues with the scanning taking up excessive cpu during scans due to a switch to multi-threading that results in supposedly quicker scans, but taking up twice the cpu resources. We have been told this is by design, but we have a case open to see if there are other options.

• 3. Re: Deploying VirusScan 8.8 P5 via EPO on 8.8 P1
              mmcgary

Why do you still have 8.8p1 as a deployment? I would go ahead and use the full version of p5 as your deployment task and use the patch 2 upgrade only for current patch 1 systems. I'm also wondering why you still have so many patch 1 systems that need upgrading to patch 2. I would get everyone at patch 2 (that aren't already at patch 5) and replace the patch 2 with patch 5. If you really need to keep patch 2 you could create a new Agent/General policy with the VSE update field set to previous or evaluation and create some policy assignment rules based on tags. That's a little more work than I would recommend though unless you have a good reason to keep the patch 2 available.

• 4. Re: Deploying VirusScan 8.8 P5 via EPO on 8.8 P1
                pmorrall

Thanks for the comments.  In a nutshell All systems are now at P2 and now going to use P5 Full as deployment task and P5 patch as the Upgrade task