1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2015 7:17 AM by kwizzu

False Artemis!C6FF43A20974 for FastestTube for IE installer

kwizzu

Hi!

We are developing FastestTube browser extension for all major browsers, including IE.

FastestTube is a tool which allows users to download video from Youtube and also provide some Youtube usability improvements like a filtering ads inside video player and preventing video from playing without user's command. Official site of FastestTube is http://fastesttube.kiwzzu.com

As for few days we received information that our installer of the FastestTube for IE (fastesttube_2.2.11.0.exe) are detected by McAffee as the Artemis!C6FF43A20974 and I think it's a false positive detection.

As suggested here: What To Do When McAfee Detects Software As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & Appeal I sent the sample via email to virus_research@mcafee.com and posting the same information here.

FastestTube for IE is implemented as a BHO to be able to communicate with Youtube pages inside the IE, but it is absolutely harmless. It does not collect any security-sensual or privacy-sensual information.

Please help us to solve this and remove false-positive detection. I can provide any additional information or file samples by request.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely yours, Serg, FastestTube developer.

1 2 Previous Next