4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2011 5:08 AM by alexander_h

can't update Master Repository

The first time update after installation went well.
      When I want to start it, it fails with the following explanation:

12/21/07 8:23:15 AM Started: Pulling content from McAfeeHttp to Current branch
      12/21/07 8:23:15 AM Command aborted, another pull command is already waiting for other tasks to complete
      12/21/07 8:23:15 AM Failed: Update Master Repository (Repository Pull successful from McAfeeHttp to Current branch)

But I can't find the running task.

Can anybody help me with that, because the last update is from december 14th.
        • 1. RE: can't update Master Repository
          I am having the same problem (original update worked, but new updates fail).

This is the error i get.

Failed to download file catalog.z from site update.nai.com:80, error code 10060 ( A connection
          attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or
          established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. )
          • 2. Re: RE: can't update Master Repository

Hi, I got the same problem with the same message:

Failed to download file catalog.z from site update.nai.com:80, error code 10060 ( A connection

attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or

established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. )

Where could the problem be? I'm new at the EPO 4.5 application. Can somebody tell me which configuratons I have to check to provide a successfull update from McAfeeHttp?

Thanks for any help!

• 3. Re: RE: can't update Master Repository
              hem

If have FTP allowed in your network then I will suggest you to pull with FTP site.

From the snap of the log file, it seems that the connection is getting blocked by firewall/proxy.

I will suggest you to release McAfee source websites (update.nai.com and ftp.nai.com) from firewall/proxy.

• 4. Re: RE: can't update Master Repository
                alexander_h

this seems to be a network related problem.

You should try to set proxy settings, and it should works.

Also recreate the task and exclude some of the packages which are not usefull