Does the appliance run OK with a basic configuration installed?
It could be a hardware issue, but either way it is probably best that you raise a ticket with McAfee support and get one of their engineers to run through some diagnostics with you.
Once I first patch the firewall to 8.2.1 I can still connect to it yes. It just appears to go wrong during the configuration restore process. I've double checked that the live and DR firewalls are set up correctly and using the same versions, etc. Thanks
Without any data at all I can only guess as to what is going wrong here.
This is what I would do:
- Restore the configuration, let it boot up and fail.
- You should either be at a prompt or have to press Enter to get a # prompt.
- At that prompt run this command: rm /secureos/etc/sendmail/*
- That's 'rm' like in 'remove'. Notice the * there at the end of the command.
- Reboot the firewall: shutdown -r now
Does the firewall boot successfully now?
Hi thanks for the reply. No I still appear to get the fatal error when loading the configuration and no access via the admin console.
I suggest calling into Support.