0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2015 11:04 AM by greg.wolford

PortalShield 3.5 Installation of Visual C++ redistributable fails

greg.wolford

I am attempting to install PortalShield 3.5 on Server 2008 R2, and I'm currently stuck with the PortalShield installation program wanting to reboot after not successfully installing the Visual C++ redistributable.  Each time I run the PortalShield installation program it gets to the C++ installation part and wants to reboot - if I decline to reboot, the installation just stops.

On a different server I also had a problem with the redistributable, but instead of letting the server reboot, I was able to make my way through the dialogs to continue the PortalShield installation.  In the end, PortalShield worked on this server without ever installing the 2010 version of the C++ redistributable (there are older versions installed).

The obvious thing to try was to install the Visual C++ 2010 redistributable prior to the PortalShield installation, but I'm not able to get the installation to work because of issues with checking server revocation (for vc_red.cab).  I've tried trusting the certificate that signed the cab, but this still isn't working.

Beyond the problem of installing the redistributable, I'm looking for some advice on how to get the PortalShield to assume the redistributable installation has failed (like it did for the different server I mentioned), and allow me to continue with the PortalShield installation anyway.

Thanks, Greg