1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 12, 2015 6:03 PM by catdaddy

Onclick Ads

fishdoc

I have an unwanted pop-up that keeps appearing on my desktop, usually some sort of music ad.  When I click on the "X" in the upper left hand corner to close the pop-up, it will open Internet Explorer going to a webpage onclickads.net.  I have always immediately closed Internet Explorer (I routinely use Firefox or Chrome for my browser, virtually never I.E.) and not let it finish loading the page.  Likewise, I have never clicked on anything except the "X" on the pop-up.  It isn't real intrusive, it appears once or twice a day, and when I close the I.E. window nothing else happens until the next time the pop-up appears.

I have Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 32 bit OS.  My primary anti-virus is McAfee All Access - Total Protection, the Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware portion of that is V18.0, Build 18.0.177, last updated today 8/12/2015.  I ran McAfee scan in safe mode w/networking and then Stinger32; both found no problems.

I also have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware V2.1.8.1057, build date 6/18/2015 10:38:55 AM also updated today and it likewise finds no problems.

How do I go about getting rid of these pop-ups?

Thanks!