3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2015 10:36 AM by Travler

ePatch installation question

Travler

I've got my firewalls to 8.3.2 P07 and am ready to install ePatch 8.3.2E61 as described in SB10126.

While I was able to download the file to my workstation's desktop, I'm afraid I can't figure out how to actually install it.  The KB articles aren't much help since they ultimately tell me to look in either the Service Portal (where I can't find anything related to the MFE, let alone this particular patch) or the regular grant-only download page (where all I find is the full product download and cooresponding documentation).

I've searched through the Admin Console to no avail.

What am I missing?  Is this something that can only be done by command line, and if so, why can't I find installation instructions? 

Thanks!

• 1. Re: ePatch installation question
          PhilM

I currently do not have access to a Firewall appliance, but if you go to Maintenance -> Software Management you can select the "Download Packages" tab and from here you have the option to load patch files to the appliance manually. There are several options listed under the "Load using" drop-down list. Pick one of these options to upload the E-Patch file.

Once uploaded, the patch will then be visible on the main page and you can then install it.

Hope that helps.

-Phil.

• 2. Re: ePatch installation question
            Travler

Thanks Phil.  You put me on the right track!  As I suspected, I was missing something in plain site.  On the page you mentioned, I failed to notice the "Perform Manual Load Now" button.

Clicking on this brought up a new window with that contained the fields you mentioned.  (Not to be confused with those same fields that are on the main "Download Packages" screen.)  It took a little trial and error, but I was finally able to get the patch downloaded and showing up on the "Manage Packages" tab.  Using the info from SB10126, I entered the following:

Load Packages from:  FTP

Directory:  outgoing

Packages:  8.3.2E61

Host:  207.67.117.105

User Name:  anonymous

Port:  21

Password:  <empty>

Confirm Password:  <empty>

I plan on actually applying the patch tomorrow.  I'll report here how it goes.

• 3. Re: ePatch installation question
              Travler

I applied patch 8.3.2E61 this morning.  It was quick and painless.