2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2007 9:31 AM by tonyb99

Epo 3.6.1 report to see what machines are running a certain patch level?

I am running EPO 3.6.1 and I deployed patch 3 for VS 8.5 to a subnet and although it succeeded on most machines it failed on some others. Is there a way to generate a report to show me what machines have it and what machines dont? I dont see it in the pre-built reports.

Thanks!
        • 1. RE: Epo 3.6.1 report to see what machines are running a certain patch level?
          Ok I figured out how to do this. When you run the product protection summary it will have the display name for vs 8.5 patch 3 as 8.5.0.781.Wrk..3

Now my next challenge is my mass deployment to a subnet is failing. I walk in and it has not upgraded any machine. What is the best way to troubleshoot this from a server side perspective to make sure the server is behaving as expected. I cant seem a way to find the logs on the server and the logs I do find are way out of date.

Thanks again!
          • 2. RE: Epo 3.6.1 report to see what machines are running a certain patch level?
            tonyb99
            check the agent logs on the machines to see what is happening when they are supposed to be updateing the patch:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Db

I will move this thread to the EPO boards where you will get EPO support, if you look at the stickly threads on the epo boards you will see a pointer to how to obtain all the troubleshooting logfiles from your server installation aswell