6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2007 6:02 AM by boohbah

ePO agent last update 3-8-2005

notime
      hi all,

i change ePO from old server to new server different name and different IP

and it was 3.6.0 with McAfee 8.0i patch 10

now

3.6.1 with patch 2 with McAfee 8.0i patch 15

my probalem

more than 99% machines not getting update

some machines when i bush the agent get the last update but on the pushing day only

i mean after 2 days when i check the machines i found no new update .

some machines not getting update at all they have the last update on 3-8-2005

i have only 2 mashines getiing the update automatically
        • 1. RE: ePO agent last update 3-8-2005
          tonyb99
          Did you push install the new agent with the new server details to all your workstations?

Have your workstations been reporting back in to the EPO server?

Do you have a valid agent update task assigned to the workstations?

What do the agent logs show for the period when they run the update task?

What happens if you run a manual update from the systray (provide this section of log too)
          • 2. RE: ePO agent last update 3-8-2005
            notime
            first i am so sorry because i am new in ePO and i dont have any training only reading from internet

1- Did you push install the new agent with the new server details to all your workstations?

i pushed the agent from the new server but how i can push the agent with new server details ???

2- Have your workstations been reporting back in to the EPO server?

i can see all the workstations but how i can know they are reporting back in to the EPO server or not ??

3-Do you have a valid agent update task assigned to the workstations?

how i can know ??

4- What happens if you run a manual update from the systray (provide this section of log too)

which log ??
            • 3. RE: ePO agent last update 3-8-2005
              tonyb99
              1. If you pushed the agent install from the new server then it had the new servers details.

2.To check run an agent version coverage report with a filter for todays date. you can also check the properties for any workstation and check the last date it checked into EPO.

3. Check your global tasks assigned to the directory and make sure its enabled, then check this is enforced at the agents level in the directory.

4. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Db\agentxxx.log
              • 4. RE: ePO agent last update 3-8-2005
                hi,

if i understand the problem correctly, quickest way to fix this is to change the DNS record for the old ePO Server, to point to the new ePO Server - you can do this if the old ePO Server is not being used for anything else that would need DNS to find the old server)

if possible, change the DNS record for the old ePO Server to point to the new server - this only needs to be done for a few days to ensure that all computers try and contact the ePO Server, fail, resolve the ePO servername to its new IP address and then try again ( at which point, the ePO Server will send the agent its new IP Address and hostname

this assumes that the port numbers remain the same, of course..

hth,
                • 5. RE: ePO agent last update 3-8-2005
                  tonyb99
                  Still would like the info I asked for though as he hasnt confimed that he actually has an enabled update task yet boobah
                  • 6. RE: ePO agent last update 3-8-2005
                    yes - very true. without an update task nothings going to happen, even when the agents are pointing to the correct server.