1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 15, 2007 8:58 AM by TFairhall

Virus Scan 8.5 Not Updating From EPO

Hello,

I am currently testing E-Policy 3.6.1 on a domain for my company, with a view to rolling it out across the business (approx 500 clients) if it is successful. However, after setting up a test domain and 1 test domain client, McAfee is failing to update the DAT version on the client.

Here is what I have:

EPO 3.6.166
      EPO Agent 3.6.0.453
      VirusScan 8.5.0.781

The server is running Windows Server 2003 SP1, and the client is XP Professional SP2.

I have a test domain called 'epolicy.uk' running on a HP ML150 ProLiant Server. I have installed Virtual PC on this and created a virtual client, which I have joined to the domain successfully.

Using E-Policy I have pushed out the Agent and the VirusScan console to the machine. I checked in the packages to the master repository, replicated to the distributed repository and installed them on the client. The repository is fully shared, and everyone has admin rights on it.

When I check in either the 5200 engine, or a DAT / SuperDAT file (.exe) to the master repository, and replicate to the distributed one, the DAT update fails on the client.

The client is configured to run it's update from the configured distributed repository, logging on with admin credentials. When I run the update, it finds the repository, and verifies all the files fine. It even says that the update has run successfully at the end. However, when I check the DAT version in the Help/About section, it is still running at the old version.

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong? If EPO can't update one test client, there is no way my company will shell out for 500 clients worth.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tom