2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2015 9:43 AM by jayuk

Can i use EPO to recognise and deploy to 2 AD's?

jayuk

Hi

We have an installation of EPO in our Active Directory. We also have a separate AD on an accessible VLAN and want to use EPO to deploy to and manage our VSE installation. Is this possible? Can we get epo to manage hosts in different AD's? There are no trusts between the two but we have admin crednetials in both

Jay

• 1. Re: Can i use EPO to recognise and deploy to 2 AD's?
          tomz2

Yes.

ePO doesn't have the concept of AD trusts. It simply is using LDAP.

If you are using Drive Encryption, DLPe, or want to manage ePO users from both domains, you'll need to add each domain as a registered server within ePO. ePO is AD aware enough to understand Global Catalogs, etc., so you don't have to pin ePO to a specific DC.

• 2. Re: Can i use EPO to recognise and deploy to 2 AD's?
            jayuk

HI

well I tried adding another registered server and it seemed to change the entire ad sync for all folders in the tree view When I tried to edit the sync ad domain in the sub folder

what I wanted to do now as a workaround was install one instance of epo in a Windows Ad forest that has a two way trust to the other forest and child domain and use the expo instance to manage it all.

when I sync epo with AD it obviously won't pick up the trusted domain so how could I ensure I can see them in the list as devices. it will obviously pick up the domain devices but doesn't seem to pick up the devices in the trusted domain.

any ideas anyone?