3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2008 9:09 AM by ky_nep

error upgrade to McAfee V8.5

Friends,

I have a problem when i try upgrade VSE 8.0 to 8.5.

Before i used ePO 3.5. now i try ePO 3.6. But after importing sitelist.xml (ePO 3.6) on VSE 8.0 (succesful), the VSE 8.0 shown "can not find a valid repository". But on some PC this sitelist.xml is working properly.
      All service (framepkg) and program VSE 80 already removed.

And then i installed VSE 8.5. It shown " The installation can not continue until ePO management Agent is of version 3.6 or higher ".

How to remove this problem?
      Anyone can help me?:confused:
      Thanks..:)
        • 1. RE: error upgrade to McAfee V8.5
          tonyb99
          Install epo 3.6 before VSE 8.5.

Why are you messing with sitelist.xml? did you move to a totally new server rather than upgrade from 3.5 to 3.6 and then let EPO update the agents itself?
          • 2. RE: error upgrade to McAfee V8.5
            metalhead
            You must use and install an ePO agent 3.6.x before deploying VS8.5

Cheers Tom
            • 3. possible solution
              This is valid only if you had previous installed older version of Mcafee and trying to upgrade.

1. I found this folder will not be deleted when we uninstall the older version. C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\

So, In the Task Manager kill the following processes:
              FrameWorkService.exe
              naPrdMgr.exe

Then delete entire folder C:\Program Files\McAfee

2. Then delete the registry key:
              HKLM\SOFTWARE\Network Associates

This registry key has subfolder EPolicy Orchestrator which I think is the main culprit. So I deleted the entire Network Associates key.

I did search on MacAfee keyword in registry and deleted each one of them, but I think is not required. I think above key is the only one that was giving us issue.

Now re-run the setup and you should be good to go.

Rujan.