5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2008 6:18 PM by worktv

ePo Agent Versions - Out of Date?

Setting up a new Protection Pilot 1.1.3 installation that is already complicated enough since each machine (about 12) is on its own, seperate, individually managed VPN link, is giving me headaches!

I've finally gotten the first field machine able to talk correctly on all ports, in both directions. Its finally pushed out DAT updates, and engine. Not a problem, finally.

However, it says Out-Of-Date still! Agent is highlighted in red, but lists versions 3.5.0.513, which is the same agent i'm running here in this office, same agent version listed on the PP server itself, so why is it out of date on the remote terminal?

(Curiously, I have 1 machine reporting 3.6.0.453 as its agent, but I do not have 3.6 at all in my repository, dunno where that came from..)

Any ideas whats going on here? Thanks!

(Also, just noticed, it also has the machine entry in the pC list for the PP server listed as out of date for the same reason, but I have another system running EXACT same versions of agent, engine & dat, showing as current! Help!)
        • 1. RE: ePo Agent Versions - Out of Date?
          Anyone? Is it because its seen a higher version of teh agent? (3.6) and now flags anything less as not-up-to-date, even tho it only has 3.5 in the repository?

3.5.0.513 is in the repository, 3.5.0.513 is running on the server, and 3.5.0.513 is running on these clients, why are they flagged as out of date?
          • 2. RE: ePo Agent Versions - Out of Date?
            Click the Server (server name) on the left and choose settings on the right. At the bottom there is the minimum compliance definition. This may be what is telling your server they are out of date.
            • 3. RE: ePo Agent Versions - Out of Date?
              If you change the minimum compliance to yor agent version then save it, then you can go back in and change back it should resolve the problem. IIRC this was fixed in version 1.1.1 patch 2/3
              • 4. RE: ePo Agent Versions - Out of Date?
                Oddly enough when i visit that page today, i actually have NO options below Compliance Definition.

I hit the arrow, and it adds a second divider line, but nothing else!

From memory the other day, i've already been here in my investigation, but didn't have an option for Agent compliance. I remember seeing settings for Engine & VirusScan versions. Not sure where those have gone since then ..

I've actually managed to fix it tho. I removed agent 3.6 from the one system with it, and reinstalled 3.5.513, then edited the SQL database to show them all as compliant. Now when it recalcs it shows them correctly. Even a new system added *after* the edit now reports 3.5.513 as current, so I presume it was confused in seeing a higher agent version, and was expecting them all to have that, despite it not being in the repository!

Either way, all solved!

(PS, and I am running Patch 3 on 1.1.1)
                • 5. RE: ePo Agent Versions - Out of Date?
                  I'm having the same issue - had one client in the console with MCagent 4.0 and now all of my other clients say they're out of date....when the repository version is 3.6.0.574

How did you fix this issue with the SQL database? On PRP 1.5 there is no minimum compliance for Agent versions....just VSE and ASE.