Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
14892 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2008 2:55 AM by mohd_zakir1984 RSS
Newcomer 7 posts since
Jan 12, 2006
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 13, 2006 12:24 PM

Install epo agent manually

Can anyone tell me how to manually install epo agent, we are using epo 3.5. Any info would be appreciated
  • twenden Champion 577 posts since
    Sep 14, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Feb 13, 2006 1:41 PM (in response to dscheyen)
    Install EPO Agent Manually
    You will want to copy the frampkg.exe file onto a CD or Floppy Disk. It is located under the following folder:

c:\program files\network associates\epo\3.5.0\db\software\current\epoagent3000\install\0409\frampkg.exe

We have our techs put the Framepkg.exe onto a CD along with a batch file that they run to install. Below are the contents of the batch file that we use to install the EPO agent manually.

@echo on
    framepkg /forceinstall /install=agent
    netsh firewall set allowedprogram program = "%ProgramFiles%\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe" name = "McAfee Framework Service" mode = ENABLE scope = CUSTOM addresses = (Use your servers IP Address)/32
    "%ProgramFiles%\Network Associates\Common Framework\cmdagent.exe" /p

The EPO Agent will install an exception through the XP SP2 firewall. The only problem is that it allows everyone on the internet to access the framework service. We prefer to change that by running the netsh command and only allow the EPO server access to the McAfee Framework service. This is a lot safer option to use.

The last command called cmdagent /p, tells the EPO agent to communicte to the server immediately. This makes the EPO agent appear a lot faster on the client system.

Microsoft Windows 2003 Standard SP2
    EPO server 4.6.7 (build 278)
    EPO server 4.6.7 (build 278) - test server
    EPO Agent 4.8.0.1500 (Patch 2)
    McAfee VirusScan 8.7i with Patch 5 about 8 systems
    McAfee VirusScan 8.8i with Patch 2 & 3 -  2200 systems
  • Newcomer 3 posts since
    Jun 17, 2008
    sorry friend i dont know how to install epo agent on workgroup manually if you get any answer please send me method its my humble request with you and all of this blog members. hope i will get a positive responce thanks alot friends have a nice day keep going on

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)