1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 30, 2015 6:42 AM by Peter M

McAfee ePO 4.5.6 upgrading task

jaybhagat

Hi,

Currently we are running McAfee ePO 4.5.6 which I'm aware is out of support and have reach end of life from McAfee. I'm undertaking the task of upgrading all the currently managed 7000 machines via ePO to McAfee agent 4.8 and VirusScan 8.8 patch 5.

While installing the extension for VirusScan 8.8 patch 5 VIRUSCAN8800(392). I got the following error and all the machines that were already upgraded to VirusScan 8.8 patch 5 are showing no Product Version (VirusScan Enterprise).

VIRUSCAN8800 error details:

Error creating bean with name 'VIRUSCAN8800.command.registration': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'VIRUSCAN8800.APPolicyMigrateCommand' defined in URL [jndi:/localhost/VIRUSCAN8800/WEB-INF/beans.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mcafee/epo/policy/services/PolicyObjectService

Can anyone advise on how to resolve this error so that all the upgraded machines shows the installed product version correctly?