1 2 3 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2015 12:16 PM by fppilot

False Artemis!9EE6387CC397

fppilot

This is a .dll file, gtninterface.dll, that is part of a third party GPS gauge for Microsoft Flight Simulator X. The developer is Flight 1 and the full product name is Flight 1GTN750. My McAfee Total Protection blocks it from installation, and if I install with scanning off McAfee quarantines it and will not allow it to function. Please help me resolve this.

-Frank

• 1. Re: False Artemis!9EE6387CC397
          catdaddy

Please follow these Guidelines/Instructions;What To Do When McAfee Detects Software As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & Appeal

All the Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

• 2. Re: False Artemis!9EE6387CC397
            fppilot

Catdaddy,

That is the exact web page that sent me here!  On that page: "...Also post  in the Artemis forum with the Artemis number as the header and put an explanation in the body of the post."

I seem to be in a repetitive loop! This has become very frustrating, Will anyone here work on my issue?

• 3. Re: False Artemis!9EE6387CC397
              catdaddy

Hi fppilot,

When you correctly have submitted your Detection, you will almost immediately receive confirmation from McAfee Labs, with it will be an Anaylysis ID#.

NOTE:  Due to the large volume of detections on a daily basis (150,000 or more) please allow 4-5 business days for the submission to be analysed & processed.

Also there is a limit of 10Mb file size on submissions so if your file is bigger post in the Artemis or malware forum and provide a link to it and a mod will forward the file's link to McAfee.

DO NOT ATTACH SAMPLES TO POSTS !

If you do get a reply, post the analysis Id number in the thread.

• 4. Re: False Artemis!9EE6387CC397
                catdaddy

fppilot,

In other words, if it has been 4-5 business days since your submission. And you indeed received confirmation from McAfee Labs, with a associated Analysis ID #. I can indeed assist you, by contacting someone from McAfee Labs on your behalf, and quite possibly expedite the Process.

As the instructions explain, your submission should be zipped/Password Protected in order to be submitted correctly.

Regards,

Catdaddy

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: False Artemis!9EE6387CC397
                  fppilot

Here is the reply I received:

Analysis ID: 9491031

File Name            Findings                       Detection                    Type         Extra

--------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------- |------------|-----

gtninterface.dll    |inconclusive                  |                            |            |no  

inconclusive [gtninterface.dll]                                                                    

Automated analysis was not able to determine that this file is malware. This file is  

being sent for further processing and the DAT files will potentially be updated if    

detection of this sample is warranted.                                                

• 6. Re: False Artemis!9EE6387CC397
                    catdaddy

fppilot,

As the file is determined 'Inconclusive' since tomorrow is a workday, I will contact an Engineer from McAfee Labs on your behalf. Thank you for properly submitting

All the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

• 7. Re: False Artemis!9EE6387CC397
                      fppilot

That would be great! Will that take care of the issue for all future users for the guilty file?

• 8. Re: False Artemis!9EE6387CC397
                        Peacekeeper

It will clear the file so no-one will get a detection it is not just you it will be cleared for, so yes.

• 9. Re: False Artemis!9EE6387CC397
                          catdaddy

fppilot,

As PK stated , it would be 'Whitelisted/Cleared through the 'Global Threat Intelligence Base'. Please be informed that I did indeed contact McAfee Labs on your behalf

We should hear something soon.....

All the Best,

CD

1 2 3 Previous Next