4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2015 10:45 AM by zzz525

Preboot authentication USB support is not working correctly on HP EliteBook 840 G2 with BIOS M71 01.04 and Drive Encryption 7.1.2

bapn

Hi All,

I am currently experience the issue with HP EliteBook 840 G2 with BIOS M71 01.04 and Drive Encryption 7.1.2

When the user is trying to boot up the laptop in the docking station the pre-boot authentication screen appears but the user is not able to type anything and it seems that all USB ports connections (mouse, keyboard) are not working at all and the screen freezes. Even when I removed the laptop out of the docking station it still remains in the same condition and the USB ports are not working.

When I reboot the machine and remove the laptop out of the docking station the USB devices are working fine.

Exactly the same behaviour is described in the following HP article:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5409285&docId=emr_na -c04512361&docLocale=en_US

After checking the BIOS I can see that the user have all suggested settings as per HP article.

The only thing that I didn't test was a BIOS upgrade to the latest version and that will be my next step.

Could someone please let me know if this is a known behaviour or saw something similar before?

Many thanks,

Bart