2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2015 3:41 AM by boneyard

ESM alarm on no events received

boneyard

i am wondering how to setup an alarm (ESM > System Properties > Alarms) on not receiving any events for x amount of time (1 hour / 2 hour / 1 day / ...) for a device? this is be warned if a device stops sending data / events to the event receiver.

Specified Event Rate seems more targeted at higher then number of events per time. Deviation From Baseline involves the baseline which i don't see how to make use of. I would like a counter of the number of events to compare against zero.

• 1. Re: ESM alarm on no events received
          xded

Hi, in version 9.50 you can set up an alarm on this values:

Unbenannt.png

Try a little bit wizh the the idel time.

Also you can set up an Alarm with a field match

Device possibly down    146-2    Network discovery event stating a device. can be down.    Software Monitor    ESM    Low

Device unreachable    146-1    Network discovery device added to ESM is unreachable.    Software Monitor    ESM    Low

But this two signitaur ID  is for the Network connectivity, i think.

• 2. Re: ESM alarm on no events received
            boneyard

i have my doubts about both methods. they seem more related to the lower level connectivity and not the number of events.

i would assume that counting number of events should be possible in some form, perhaps not on alarms?