3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2015 12:14 AM by rajinp

Upgrading underlying VSE on OSS

dancd2l

Hi,

What's the proper way to do this?  I've upgraded the OSS install successfully, but it didn't also upgrade VSE (expected).  Pushing out the VSE installer from ePO to the OSS servers didn't work the first couple of times, and I'm just starting in to debug.  Appreciate any tips/tricks.

• 1. Re: Upgrading underlying VSE on OSS
          rajinp

Could you help us understand better?

Where which version to which version are you upgrading ?

What is the upgrade path ?

• 2. Re: Upgrading underlying VSE on OSS
            dancd2l

Hi,

I'm upgrading from VSE 8.8 Patch 4 to Patch 5.

I'm pretty noobish with managing VSE, and am doing so in ePO.  I had attempted to upgrade the VSE on the OSS servers by just running a task to Install the newer version over the older one.  What I found was that the self-protect feature of the software was blocking the upgrade.  I tried turning it off, but that still didn't seem to work.  The easiest path to get this working I found was to uninstall and reinstall VSE.  But because I was worried about the dependencies between OSS and VSE I uninstalled OSS as well.

So my upgrade path was to uninstall OSS then VSE, then to install VSE and OSS.

• 3. Re: Upgrading underlying VSE on OSS
              rajinp

Did we checked with the VSE team on why the upgrade was failing and who is blocking the upgrade ?