2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2015 9:11 AM by jackg21

mcafee products that support commonupdater2

jackg21

Hello,

While researching the DAT Reputation technology I found

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB55986

that says:

What is the difference between the CommonUpdater and CommonUpdater2 sites?
      The CommonUpdater2 download site does not have a copy of the DAT files in its root folder.

What are the benefits of the CommonUpdater2 download site? If you have no products installed that look for DAT content in the root directory of the site, selecting the CommonUpdater2 site offers bandwidth benefits because fewer files need to be replicated.

I am always interested in saving bandwidth so I was wondering what products are compatible with the CommonUpdater2 sites?

I am using McAfee Enterprise 8.8 patch 4 on most systems with a few at patch 5.

Thanks,

Jack

• 1. Re: mcafee products that support commonupdater2
          wwarren

what products are compatible with the CommonUpdater2 sites?

I don't have a complete list, but pretty much any product since VSE 8.7i will use CommonUpdater2 for content updates.

Regarding the content itself, next generation VSE will be using different content (but am pretty sure it'll still be hosted on that site). The newer content is much smaller, leveraging a new technology for scanning (AMCore).

If you go poking around the site you can see AMCore has content out there already for various products using that tech.

• 2. Re: mcafee products that support commonupdater2
            jackg21

I am now using commonupdater2 as the source for my mirror tasks.  My VSE 8.8 P4 clients seem happy, I am happy to save bandwidth and hard drive space.