1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 12, 2015 5:23 AM by Daniel_S

New endpoint infrastructure installation

bitmadmax

Hi All,

I'm wondering if I can pick your brains. I started looking through the McAfee deployment guides as we are looking to move from Eset to McAfee and, my goodness, this McAfee stuff is heavy. From what I can see, I just need ePO server, and at the client virus scan enterprise? Are these the main components I need or do I need some other agents rolling out as well?

Is it possible to customise the virusscan enterprise installer/MSI so I can deploy with group policy? I find this method of pushing out AV more reliable than a push from the console..

Also, is it possible to have a repository of definition/program updates that I can update manually (we are airgapped from the Internet).

Is there some sort of high level process of installation I can follow based on a very simple windows network? We only have about 20 users and we would potentially be OK with manually removing the old antivirus before pushing out the McAfee stuff.

Thanks for all your help chaps.

• 1. Re: New endpoint infrastructure installation
          Daniel_S

I'm wondering if I can pick your brains. I started looking through the McAfee deployment guides as we are looking to move from Eset to McAfee and, my goodness, this McAfee stuff is heavy. From what I can see, I just need ePO server, and at the client virus scan enterprise? Are these the main components I need or do I need some other agents rolling out as well?

You´ll need ePO (the serverside component) and the McAfee-Agent (clientside component). After that ePO tells the agent what to install, what policies to apply and so on.

Is it possible to customise the virusscan enterprise installer/MSI so I can deploy with group policy? I find this method of pushing out AV more reliable than a push from the console..

VSE isn´t the problem. You can deploy it with group policies. Everythin you need can be found on the ePO-Server in the DB-folder.

Also, is it possible to have a repository of definition/program updates that I can update manually (we are airgapped from the Internet).

Sure, you are not bound to autoupdates. You can create a servertask to update your repo and only trigger it manually.

Is there some sort of high level process of installation I can follow based on a very simple windows network? We only have about 20 users and we would potentially be OK with manually removing the old antivirus before pushing out the McAfee stuff.

Don´t get the question here mate

Regards

Dan