1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 4, 2015 9:57 PM by DMurali

DLP Manager tool - how to stop counting repeats?

jvalderrama

Hi All,

I am configuring new rules in the DLP Manager tool for the network protection (DiM) and cannot find a way to stop it from counting repeated matching strings; for example, if I am matching on the words "Black" and "Blue" and an email detected contains the word "Black" 4 times and the word "Blue" 1 time, the total match count goes to 5, when it should actually be 2.

There is an option for DLPe in ePO to select whether you want to count repeats or not, but I cant find a way to do it in the Manager tool, does anyone has an idea??

Thanks in advance & regards,

J.

• 1. Re: DLP Manager tool - how to stop counting repeats?
          DMurali

jvalderrama wrote:

Hi All,

I am configuring new rules in the DLP Manager tool for the network protection (DiM) and cannot find a way to stop it from counting repeated matching strings; for example, if I am matching on the words "Black" and "Blue" and an email detected contains the word "Black" 4 times and the word "Blue" 1 time, the total match count goes to 5, when it should actually be 2.

There is an option for DLPe in ePO to select whether you want to count repeats or not, but I cant find a way to do it in the Manager tool, does anyone has an idea??

Thanks in advance & regards,

J.

Can you tell me where is the option in ePO for DLPe to not count duplicates? I asked for that feature few times, but McAfee never implemented it.

Thanks.