1 2 Previous Next 14 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2016 7:44 AM by eduardob

Does anyone updated to EPO 5.3 without troubles??

Troja

Hi all,

at the moments many customers reported a failed EPO 5.3 upgrade. Worst problems are corrupted security keys.

Has anyone other experiences?

Cheers

• 1. Re: Does anyone updated to EPO 5.3 without troubles??
          Nielsb

Yes 2 succesfull upgrades:

1 test server (database SQL 2008 express)  5.1.1 --> 5.3

1 small environment (database SQL 2008) 5.1.1 --> 5.3

and no issues with the access protection policy

• 2. Re: Does anyone updated to EPO 5.3 without troubles??
            Daniel_S

No problems here.

2 times 5.1.1 to 5.3 with no issues.

• 3. Re: Does anyone updated to EPO 5.3 without troubles??
              Nielsb

Again a succesfull update

1 large environment database (SQL 2012) 5.1.1 --> 5.3

1 minor issue, purge task is empty:

Purge.PNG

• 4. Re: Does anyone updated to EPO 5.3 without troubles??
                Troja

Has anyone notices corrupted securiry keys. At the moment three customers reported that Problem.

This results in a real Problem, because no Agent is able to connect to EPO anymore.

Cheers

• 5. Re: Does anyone updated to EPO 5.3 without troubles??
                  pcuellar

Troja,

I haven't done the upgrade from ePO 5.1.1 to 5.3 yet, but I did experience a similar issue when upgrading from 4.6 to 5.1.   In my case, the upgrade seemingly had completed successfully, until an agent redeploy command was sent to the new ePO server to the agents that had been managed by the previous ePO server.   I believe this created a conflict/corruption in the security keys, causing the agents to cease communication with either of the ePO servers.   I was unable to force push agents via any of the ePO servers to the clients, so I ultimately had to resort to using a separate software deployment tool to send a force uninstall package for the Agent on each of the clients.   After that, I was able to push the Agent from the new ePO 5.1 server.

Again, not sure if this is the issue you are seeing, but it's a similar I experienced with a previous upgrade.   Hope this helps.

Good luck!

• 6. Re: Does anyone updated to EPO 5.3 without troubles??
                    twenden

Have seen the same issue. I had purge tasks created to purge Threat Events like 1095 etc. These all no longer work as the associated queries disappeared. This is troubling as what else is being removed that we find out at a later time.

• 7. Re: Does anyone updated to EPO 5.3 without troubles??
                      zainsra

Hi pcuellar

Was your upgrade an inplace upgrade or

did you build another server and were migrating to the new server?

I am thinking an in place upgrade may not cause this fault, I need your help to confirm.

• 8. Re: Does anyone updated to EPO 5.3 without troubles??
                        Troja

Hi all,

at the moment we had no problem when upgrading to the latest EPO Version. We are using several options.

1) If the old EPO was upgraded often, we are installing a new EPO 5.3.1 server and are transferring the clients to the new one.

2) When upgrading, first we start the Prechecker Tool to see if the Extensions are okay for upgrading. We also do no software upgrade until the EPO server is finished. This means no new McAfee software.

You should check if SSL is used for Agent communication in the EPO Server settings.

With the actual EPO Server versions we have not seen any problem any more.

Cheers

• 9. Re: Does anyone updated to EPO 5.3 without troubles??
                          eduardob

Hello friends..

I wanted to update one of 5.3.0 to 5.3.1 epo, the compatibility test was successful, but when I ran the update, slowed and gave unknown error. now logs report that I can not access the database. Now I have the siguiete error:

23/06/2016 17: 18: 46.138 FATAL [main] core.OrionCore - killing server. reason = Detected a possible mismatch Between the server and database. Try pointing the server to the correct database (ie, db versions of extensions must match what is on the filesystem)

23/06/2016 17: 24: 55.232 INFO [localhost-startstop-1] base.MfsDatabase - Information Database -> Type: Microsoft SQL Server, Version: 10.50.4319, JDBC Driver Name: Type 4 JDBC Driver jTDS for MS SQL Server and Sybase, JDBC Driver Version: 1.3.1

23/06/2016 17: 24: 58.872 ERROR [main] core.OrionCore - Detected a possible mismatch Between the server and database. Try pointing the server to the correct database (ie, db versions of extensions must match what is on the filesystem)

java.lang.IllegalStateException: installed version of 'scheduler' extension at D: \ McAfee \ EPOLIC ~ 1 \ server \ extensions \ installed \ scheduler \ 5.5.0.0 does not match table entry OrionExtensions DB: scheduler: 5.3.0.0

at com.mcafee.orion.core.OrionCore.verifyServerAndDatabaseExtensionCompatibility (OrionCore.java:970)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.OrionCore.afterStart (OrionCore.java:809)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.OrionLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent (OrionLifecycleListener.java:177)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent (LifecycleSupport.java:117)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent (LifecycleBase.java:90)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.setStateInternal (LifecycleBase.java:402)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start (LifecycleBase.java:168)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start (Catalina.java:689)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:606)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start (Bootstrap.java:321)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main (Bootstrap.java:455)

23/06/2016 17: 24: 58.872 FATAL [main] core.OrionCore - killing server. reason = Detected a possible mismatch Between the server and database. Try pointing the server to the correct database (ie, db versions of extensions must match what is on the filesystem)

1 2 Previous Next