9 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2015 8:47 AM by antnee777

I need a REST....

antnee777

Hello,

I am testing pushing a ruleset via REST, for my test I created a top level ruleset with nothing inside it and exported it to blank.xml (see below)

I try to push the ruleset like this, expecting it to land in the default position (-1). Note that I don't use the '@' sign in front of the xml file name, as the REST documentation tells me not to (or rather the example of this in the REST docs does not use the '@' sign.

`curl -i -b cookies.txt -X POST -d blank.xml -H "Content-Type: application/xml" "$REST/rulesets/import" --insecure`

The error thrown is "XMLFormat wrong, or invalid content length", which is a puzzle, as the XML I use is exported from the MWG.

Can anyone spot my error and enlighten me ?

For completeness, if I do include '@' like this:

`curl -i -b cookies.txt -X POST -d @blank.xml -H "Content-Type: application/xml" "$REST/rulesets/import" --insecure`

The error thrown is "Internal Server Error"

<From the REST Docs>

Imports a ruleset to the given position 

curl -i -b cookies.txt -X POST -d rulesetInMWGLibraryXMLForm.xml -H "Content-Type: application/xml" "$REST/rulesets/import" 

blank.xml

<libraryContent>

<libraryObject>

<name>newblank</name>

<version>7.5.1-18935</version>

<description></description>

</libraryObject>

<ruleGroup id="347" defaultRights="2" name="newblank" enabled="true" cycleRequest="true" cycleResponse="true" cycleEmbeddedObject="true" cloudSynced="false">

<acElements/>

<condition always="true">

<expressions/>

</condition>

<description></description>

<rules/>

<ruleGroups/>

</ruleGroup>

</libraryContent>

asabban, I'm sure you can help