First of all, you can change your workstation time to 5/4/15 and access the GUI. From there, you can try one of two things.
1) Reset your NGCP password and retry your SCP authentication using the username root with your NGCP password.
2) Apply the patch via the GUI using the following instructions.
1. Upload the ESM-Login-Patch.tgz to the System Properties > File Maintenance > Software Update Files
2. Go to the System Properties > ESM Management > Maintenance > Terminal
3. Enter the following in the prompt and hit enter tar -xzvf /usr/local/ess/SoftwareUpdates/ESM-Login-Patch.tgz --directory /var/www/html
4. Remember to set the time back on your workstation.
I have verified that this approach works. Thanks!
A small add on, you need to setup a new VM after changing system time - because there is no way to change the VM time manually.