4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2015 11:44 AM by penoffd

Clearing alerts from ESM UI

uni

I have a critical alert showing in the ESM UI due to rebooting an ERC:

esm-alerts.png

Clicking on the flag allows me to view the log, which tells me what I already know. How do I now clear this flag?

• 1. Re: Clearing alerts from ESM UI
          rcavey

This is a continuous problem that everyone is stuck with.....   We usually click on the physical display flag , click clear all, wait for the flag to come back then start looking into the logs....  It would be nice that when you click the log from that it would show only the red flags versus paging through the 2 or 4 or 6 pages/screens of white flags to get to the red flags. ( hint hint developers )

It's probably more worthwhile grep'ng through the logs on the devices themselves.

-Bob

• 2. Re: Clearing alerts from ESM UI
            uni

Thanks Bob. I already know the problem: that the receiver lost connectivity (because I rebooted it). However, now that it is back up, the red flag remains and I have no option to clear it, even when I click on the physical display flag.

• 3. Re: Clearing alerts from ESM UI
              rcavey

Ahh... forgot to also say "yup" to that also....  About half the receivers we have red flags just don't ever clear.  I'm thinking it's a table update somewhere in the DB but not sure where to start looking for that one.

• 4. Re: Clearing alerts from ESM UI
                penoffd

Guys,

As it was once explained to me it's a table update with a fixed length, so until new table entries are added and force the flagged event to age out, the flag remains.

Dan