3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2015 7:44 AM by harris_s

Failed to upload directory tree to site ePOSA_ComputerName

harris_s

Morning,

I've come in this morning to a raft of "Distributed Repository Replication failed" events received. I looked in my distributed repositories configuration and noticed that the repository for the epo server has now changed to a super agent and the name is a computer on our network. Any ideas on how this could have happened. How do I recreate the main server repository?

Hope you can help.

• 1. Re: Failed to upload directory tree to site ePOSA_ComputerName
          fitchsoccer342

Did someone change the McAfee Agent policy for the machines in question that got converted to super agents? In the Agent policy there is a check box for convert agents to super agents, that might be your cause.

• 2. Re: Failed to upload directory tree to site ePOSA_ComputerName
            dominikk

I have nearly the same issue, random eposa SA repositories. This is a case for McAfee Support. I worked with them on this but for me it took to much time to proceed with needed checks (gathering MER logs from remote workstations with users not willing to cooperate or not easily to contact). The workaround was to reinstall local agent on the affected workstation. I've just check my repository list and I have still 3 listed as eposa and this situation is stable for last few weeks. This is not related to any policy change on our side.

• 3. Re: Failed to upload directory tree to site ePOSA_ComputerName
              harris_s

Strange thing is no change had been made by anyone to any policies it just started doing it at 6pm yesterday, so I thought it may have been linked to a new DAT. The EPOSA name created was the name of one of our users computer, so then I thought there might be some underlying DNS issue.  Anyway I rebooted the server and the newly created super agent had disappeared and everything is normal again (I hope).

Thanks for your responses.