1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 27, 2015 9:10 AM by Laszlo G

ePO server operation issues

amarj

Hi,

Need assistance w.r.t. ePO 5.1 Application server backup and it's database backup and Security updates

1. How to restore the ePO server using server snapshot
      2. How to backup and restore ePO Database which is separate database server
      3. If in case Clients IP gets changed what will happen : Will they communicate to ePO server and update policies and DATs automatically: Do I need to do ''Wake up agent" on all clients
      4. We are having mixed environment: VMware and Hyper-V : It has been noticed that few VMs are getting updated automatically but few were not,I need to update them manually. How to comply 100% updation
        • 1. Re: ePO server operation issues
          Laszlo G

amarj escribió:

Hi,

Need assistance w.r.t. ePO 5.1 Application server backup and it's database backup and Security updates

1. How to restore the ePO server using server snapshot
          2. How to backup and restore ePO Database which is separate database server
          3. If in case Clients IP gets changed what will happen : Will they communicate to ePO server and update policies and DATs automatically: Do I need to do ''Wake up agent" on all clients
          4. We are having mixed environment: VMware and Hyper-V : It has been noticed that few VMs are getting updated automatically but few were not,I need to update them manually. How to comply 100% updation

1- I suppose you're talking about the new snapshot feature. If so when you install a fresh ePO 5.1 you'll be asked if you want to recover from a previous installation. Doing this would connect to the existent ePO database and recover all configs from it.

2- Backup and restore ePO database is the same as any SQL database. check this: McAfee KnowledgeBase - How to back up and restore the ePO database using SQL Server Management Studio

3- If client IP gets changed it will be refreshed once the client computers connects again to ePO. You don't need to do anything more than wait.

4- This may happen if you have VM's image, caused by the Agent GUID being the same in some computrs. If so you can deploy again McAfee Agent or delete the GUID so it will be created again at the next reboot