6 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2015 2:44 AM by netranger

Duplicate entries in VSE

netranger

Hello! I have a situation, which showed in the picture below
      Снимок.PNG
      Why events are duplicated and how its to... disable (I believe)?

• 1. Re: Duplicate entries in VSE
          c14us

Have seen this before.. If you select one, will the other also beselected automaticly?

To remidiate this, I just deleted the entry. It wil recreate at next communications (do take care, and ensure the test object is reachable)

\Claus

• 2. Re: Duplicate entries in VSE
            ja2013

I was reading your thread an realize you might know of my response but I didn't want to assume. There is an artifact that I see and that is when a policy has been declared and after you are finished it shows as twice on the policy screen. I hit F5 to refresh and all is now normal.

Have you tried that on the outside chance it helps?

• 3. Re: Duplicate entries in VSE
              netranger

c14us написал(а):

Have seen this before.. If you select one, will the other also beselected automaticly?

\Claus

No

c14us написал(а):

To remidiate this, I just deleted the entry. It wil recreate at next communications (do take care, and ensure the test object is reachable)

\Claus

How its can be handled during reports creating?

ja2013 написал(а):

Have you tried that on the outside chance it helps?

No. How to do it??

• 4. Re: Duplicate entries in VSE
                c14us

No

c14us написал(а):

\Claus

How its can be handled during reports creating?

A: I do not have any solutions to this problem. If refresh proposed by ja2013 do not remediate the issue, I recommend you create a support case. NB. just curious. Are they exactly the same. Same GUID?

• 5. Re: Duplicate entries in VSE
                  Sathish L

Hi,

First of all you need to make sure which point product is causing the issue.

If it an issue with VSE then you will able to locate two VSE plugins with different versions. If this is the case, Please follow the below steps,

1) Stop the McShield service and delete the previous version of VSE plugin by going to the below in registry,

For 32 Bit OS : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\

For 64 Bit OS : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\

2) Delete the both the machine entry on the ePO console.

3) Start the McShield service and sync the client with the ePO server. It should fix the issue.

• 6. Re: Duplicate entries in VSE
                    netranger

Is any way to avoid duplicate events via filters or policy? And if via policy, how it's possible to force policy show only 1 entry in only 1 moment at time?

c14us написал(а):

No

c14us написал(а):

\Claus

Same GUID?

Yes, and it's most confuses.

I guess, I know why it's happens - VSE fires dozen of times when a threat is occured. How to force VSE trigger only 1 time per threat?