We are currently using this method to pull the logs. and know we had some issues with the past using the configuration you explained.
As far as I remember, you should remove the regex stuff and also the multiline events.
You can delete and recreate the datasource to get correct results faster and don't get annoyed by previous results.
Let me know if this works, if not I will ask for the current configuration we have here.
Thanks for your assistance! I was able to get this working today.
I did the following,
- unchecked multi-line events
- unchecked event delimiter is a regex
- I also removed the regex I had within the Event delimiter text box
If I could give any advice to someone trying to troubleshoot a similar issue, it would be to use Wireshark.
- You should be able to see the SMB requests properly pull the files down from the remote server
- You should be able to see the collector send the MEF packets towards the receiver
- By running tcpdump on the receiver itself, you should see the packets from the collector
- By deleting the bookmark folder for your log source "C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Windows Event Collector\Plugins\<random number>" it will trigger the download of all the events