1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 21, 2015 7:24 PM by Peter M

Agent 4.8.1938 install fails

bfcit

The McAfee Agent 4.8.1938 fails to install on Windows 8.1 PC's with and error messages " UAC is enabled, and the operation requires elevation".  Problem is that UAC is disabled, via the control panel, and the service account used for the install is in the Local Administrators group via AD DS services.  We have followed the install guide for a scripted install and that had been working for quite some time.

This started about 2 months ago and up until then we had no problems deploying the Agent to Windows 8 & 8.1 systems.  I've created a ticket with McAfee support and sent in numerous log files with little help from them.  We had been installing the Agent with a GPO login script for almost a year until this started.  We haven't seen the issue on Windows 7 machine's and we can push the Agent manually from the ePO server but do not want to rely on manual installs.  I have attached the MER.exe log file from our ePO server and am working on getting another machine ready to try the install on so I can collect logs from there as well.

Any help from the community will be appreciated.