1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 20, 2015 5:03 PM by Peter M

Checking for Updates via command line?

edtr

Hello, Here is a little information about my inquiry.

We have a McAfee SaaS product installed on our computers that I manage (Around 200 Windows PCs running Win7 Pro). And the computers are set to check for updates every 12 hours or so. About 40/200 for whatever reason are not checking in for updates from time to time, and I was wondering if there is a way to run this "script" manually that could be run remotely because calling every person using the workstation is a big hassle for me and them. In the Notification bar you can right click the McAfee icon and press on "Update Security" and this is when mcafee will check for updates. I have gotten as far as finding half of the script that is ran when you press on Update Security. If I run this in cmd a new process of Mcafee updater starts and terminates right away.

"C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\x86\McScript_InUse.exe" -script C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\update\UpdateMain.McS -id 29774 -localeid 0409 -logfile C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\logs\McScript -parent FRAMEWORK -initiator 0 -ipcid ma.service.updater.uiprovider.EPOAGENT3000.1.0 -installdir "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\\x86\\" -taskid {f16b3526-e7a1-11e4-3dbb-19febdb97ec0}

Any help is greatly appreciated