Moved to VSE for a faster response.
You can't reinstall Autoupdate; maybe you meant to reinstall the McAfee Agent?
If you want to take the approach of making changes without knowing why it's failing, sure, that's something you can try.
What I would do is have you find out why it's failing though:
KB82170, How to enable debug logging for McAfee Agent 5.x for Windows (complete Solution 1 & 2)
KB58966, How to enable debug logging for McAfee Agent 4.x for Windows (complete Solution 1 & 2)
- Whichever version of MA you're using, enable debug logging for it. That includes setting a larger log file size.
- Reboot. The reboot acts as a nice marker and reference point.
- Run Process Monitor, no filters (this records changes to the registry and file system, providing a forensic trail if needed)
- Reschedule the Task to run _soon_ (like 2 mins in the future). Save the change.
- Wait for the Task time to run...
- If the task did not run, save the Procmon capture - all events, in native PML format. If the task did run, well, then there's no issue.
Review the Agent_<computername> log and McScript log for what actions occurred when the task was meant to kick off.
Review the Procmon log for confirmation the task was actually scheduled. (You probably will need Support assistance for that).
Obviously I'd like the right solution. So tell me where to find the issue...? If I cannot reinstall AU, then yes, McAfee Agent.
I'll try the debug logging and verify that way.
I can't find the ePO console on the server.., what's the executable name...?
I'm running Agent v4.0