1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 14, 2015 5:24 PM by wwarren

Access Protection Blocks SharePoint Intranet Files

meat_support

Hello all,

I am new to McAfee (VSE 8.8) and I am trying to build a profile for my office that will allow opening documents from our internal intranet without disabling Access protection.  I am trying to open up MS Word and excel files for viewing/editing.  Based on the log file I was able to add winword.exe and excel.exe to several places that allows me to get a bit further but there are still 4 actions being blocked..  Any help on properly allowing these files to open is greatly appreciated.  it seems like Anti-virus max protection natively has "/system32/taskhost.exe" as an exception so this really doesn't add up.  Errors below..

C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe    C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Local\MICROSOFT\Windows\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\Content.IE5\container.dat Anti-virus Maximum Protection:Protect cached files from password and email address stealers Action blocked : Read

C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Local\MICROSOFT\Windows\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\counters.dat Anti-spyware Maximum Protection:Prevent all programs from running files from the Temp folder Action blocked : Execute

C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-1936983135-4280951667-94044361-2700\Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections\DefaultConnectionSettings Anti-spyware Standard Protection:Protect Internet Explorer favorites and settings Action blocked : Create

C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Local\MICROSOFT\Windows\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\Content.IE5\container.dat Anti-virus Maximum Protection:Protect cached files from password and email address stealers Action blocked : Read

Thanks!!