0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2015 3:03 PM by jwood.mls

Clean out or prevent 1095's

jwood.mls

I am running ePO 5.1.1 and VSE 8.8.  I've only been using this server for a few months but the database size is quite large compared to my last install.  The DB is currently somewhere over 11 Gig - this is for under 900 computers. 

I followed the instructions here: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB76720 to figure out where the problem was, and overwhelmingly, it was a 1095.  I had seen the errors before and it seems I read that it was expected behavior with iexplore.exe because of how it does some things.  I'm not sure if that is true, but currently I have over 3 million of these events.  To put that in perspective, the next highest event count is only 7,000.  I also do have a Purge Threat and Client events task that runs daily for any events older than 90 days.

Is there a way to handle these differently?   Or should I have another task that manages these differently?  I also wonder if my purge task should only be 30 days instead of 90.  I am in a public library and there is a lot of browsing that happens, which I think is why we generate so many of these.  Would appreciate suggestions.