5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2015 7:23 PM by Vinod R

False Artemis!DE337B7D7E22

kkeough88

It doesn’t give a file name or location. It says it’s in a shared folder and to disable the share and scan the folder, but it doesn’t give a folder name either.

Don't know how to fix?

Thanks

• 1. Re: False Artemis!DE337B7D7E22
          k3tg

What To Do When McAfee Detects Software As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & Appeal  has instructions within you could submit to McAfee for analysis.

Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools contains some information to assist getting rid of malware and trojans. I suggest running the McAfee Stinger Scan and Malwarebytes (free version).

Some of the other moderators will possibly chime in to see how you are progressing and offer any suggestions that may also be of assistance to you.

Good Luck

Tom K3TG

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

• 2. Re: False Artemis!DE337B7D7E22
            exbrit

Moved to Artemis

---

Peter

• 3. Re: False Artemis!DE337B7D7E22
              Hayton

I somehow don't think this is a false detection. There's only one external reference I can find to this Artemis detection number and that's on a submission to HerdProtect where the overwhelming consensus (35 out of 68 AV engines red-flag the submission) is that what was submitted was the InstallIQ Installer, variously described as Adware, a PUP and a Trojan.

If the file is in a network shared folder disabling it varies slightly according to which OS you've got. Is it Vista, Win7, Win8, or another? Once we know that, you'll be able to disable the shared folder easily; and then McAfee should be able to scan the folder and quarantine or remove the file.

• 4. Re: False Artemis!DE337B7D7E22
                kkeough88

This is win 7.

• 5. Re: False Artemis!DE337B7D7E22
                  Vinod R

All --- if McAfee detects a threat please consider that as a threat unless its confirmed to be safe... if you know the application that is being picked up only then the question of a possible incorrect detection kicks in.. just because a detection is Artemis does not necessarily mean its bad. you could co-relate the Artemis detection  to being the immune response you see our body doing to new or strange diseases as an effort to combat them. (antibodies at work..)..

Now best course of approach would be to take a look at the Interface and see if points to a folder or location and that will help indicate what file has been detected

if there are no conclusive location (either due to long winding path or its missing as in this case) i would recommend taking a look in Quarantine section or as peter called out to see if its waiting for user to take action..

Finally (my favorite and the easiest way) if to take a log at the On Access logs ( a simple text file)--  from Start>run > c:\ProgramData\McAfee\VirusScan\Logs\OAS.LOG and attach that file as a response to the thread for helper to take a look