1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2017 10:17 AM by pcoates

70103UP821 Script error: CAR46855_spamfilter.post

pcoates

Has anyone seen the following or know what is contained in CAR46855_spamfilter.post?

"Failed to execute upgrade script: CAR46855_spamfilter.post"

I ran pss spamfilter and cf server q | grep spamfilter and there is nothing active.

• 1. Re: 70103UP821 Script error: CAR46855_spamfilter.post
          sliedl

There are more lines to this error I believe.  Can you post the whole error, or more information around this error?

• 2. Re: 70103UP821 Script error: CAR46855_spamfilter.post
            pcoates

The upgrade failed. Error logs are as follows.

SNMP trap_auth and trap_priv settings are not supported in McAfee Firewall Enterprise 8.2.1

Removed SNMP trap_auth setting 'MD5'

Removed SNMP trap_priv setting 'DES'

Failed to execute upgrade script: CAR46855_spamfilter.post

Warning:

To achieve maximum AV performance and avoid vscan audit errors,

run the 'cf antivirus verify' command after reboot to 8.2.1P08.

• 3. Re: 70103UP821 Script error: CAR46855_spamfilter.post
              sliedl

I suggest you call into Support so we can look at the installation log files and the audit from the time of the upgrade attempt.

• 4. Re: 70103UP821 Script error: CAR46855_spamfilter.post
                pcoates

Reviewed the install output on the alternate slice and 8.2.1P08 was failing to install because of sendmail configuration issue, related to the post I made on Problem with administration firewall

To get around not being able to load the config we created a DR and restored that. Directory structure is proper(mqueue.c, mqueue.1, mqueue.2) but sendmail.cf.mta2 points to a queue directory of mqueue, which doesn't exist. When you do a sendmail rebuild it would fail with "Cannot run /sbin/ind mta2 /usr/sbin/sendmail -bi", since that directory didn't exist. (I tried manually modifying sendmail.cf.mta2 but that's overwritten with the sendmail rebuild.)

So I noticed in the sendmail configuration on the box, the default internal zone was a separate management zone and not internal. Swapped it to internal and ran the 70103UP821 anaylyzer and it looks good now.

Just posting to confirm that this was the resolution.

Cheers

• 5. Re: 70103UP821 Script error: CAR46855_spamfilter.post
                  sliedl

Ok thank you.  I was going to say that this is probably something to do with Sendmail, either with the Internet zone being larger than Region 10 or that the internal Sendmail zone is on a different zone than the zone named "internal," which is an issue we have seen a lot (and that issue is fixed in later versions).

Thanks for the reply with how you fixed it, it helps a lot.

• 6. Re: 70103UP821 Script error: CAR46855_spamfilter.post
                    antoniopolito

I have the same problem, but in my setup email the configured burb is internal.

Any idea how I can fix it?

I can not migrate a virtual appliance from the 7.3.1 version to 8.2.

here is a dellì'install extracted file output:

Sat Jan 28 13:57:24 2017: UpgradeError: Error: Unable to determinates email host.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/vcdrom/packages/70103UP821_dir/pkg_scripts_dir/CAR46855_spamfilter.post", line 9, in?

cf_sendmail.TArea (). rebuild ()

File "/usr/contrib/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cf/cf_sendmail.py", line 580, rebuild

IndexError: list index out of range

Sat Jan 28 13:57:24 2017: Failed to execute upgrade scripts: CAR46855_spamfilter.post

Sat Jan 28 13:57:55 2017: Warning:

AV to Achieve maximum performance and avoid errors vscan audit,

/etc/named.conf.standby:25: 'bindkeys-files' redefined near 'bindkeys-files'

Sat Jan 28 13:58:19 2017: Already bindkeys-file is specified in /etc/named.conf.standby; leaving the unmodified files

Sat Jan 28 13:58:42 2017: Install of package 8.2.1P08 on Alternate System failed

Thank's

• 7. Re: 70103UP821 Script error: CAR46855_spamfilter.post
                      pcoates

Can you check your sendmail.cf file (/secureos/etc/sendmail/) for the queue directory specified:

# queue directory

O QueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.c

Then do an ls of /var/spool and see if the directories match up.

Also, can you look for more detailed error log within the /var/packages directory?   Check for files in directories status2, status3, upscripts, and the specific package directory as well. There should be a more a few more lines of detail for the spamfilter failure.

• 8. Re: 70103UP821 Script error: CAR46855_spamfilter.post
                        antoniopolito

Thank's pcoates!

events that I have attached to the application, I extracted them from the folder "Status3", the problem can not seem to locate the email host.

I'm performing a migration process of virtul test appliance before amounts the updated configuration on physical machines.

Tool Analysis is completed with the following errors:

UpgradeError: Error: Unable to determinates email host.

Failed to execute upgrade scripts: CAR46855_spamfilter.post

Warning:

AV to Achieve maximum performance and avoid errors vscan audit,

In addition to the logs contained in the path / var / package /

You have no idea where I can check?

• 9. Re: 70103UP821 Script error: CAR46855_spamfilter.post
                          antoniopolito

add info

pkg_log 8.2.0_dir   Jan 30 2017 15:48:41 GMT::Package install operation to slice 3: Completed successfully

pkg_log 8.2.1_dir Jan 30 2017 15:50:23 GMT::Package install operation to slice 3: Completed successfully

pkg_log 8.2.1P08_dir Jan 30 2017 15:53:07 GMT::Package install operation to slice 3: Had an IO operation failure

1 2 Previous Next