1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 29, 2015 10:28 AM by rmetzger

Standalone VSE Engine & DAT Update

avilt

I have VSE installed on 10 systems in a standalone mode, the Internet is not available for DAT/Engine updates.

1) I would like to update the engine to 5700 but I do not see the engine for standalone product at the McAfee site. All I see is epo5700eng.zip which is for ePO deployment.

2) Also is there any way to  automate the DAT update on these 10 standalone systems by placing the DAT file on a file server and point these 10 systems to file server for DAT update?

• 1. Re: Standalone VSE Engine & DAT Update
          rmetzger

Hi avilt,

avilt wrote:

I have VSE installed on 10 systems in a standalone mode, the Internet is not available for DAT/Engine updates.

1) I would like to update the engine to 5700 but I do not see the engine for standalone product at the McAfee site. All I see is epo5700eng.zip which is for ePO deployment.

2) Also is there any way to  automate the DAT update on these 10 standalone systems by placing the DAT file on a file server and point these 10 systems to file server for DAT update?

1) Since Internet access is unavailable, the standard method for updating to v5700 engine is also unavailable. Contact your Support Rep, as they should be able to provide you a copy of 'SDat5700Eng.exe' which would allow you to go to each system and update the engine.

2) In the same pages as the epo5700eng.zip file listed above: http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx?regi on=us you can find the full nnnnXDat.exe (at this moment nnnn=7754) dat file which you may download and run on each system. Copy the file to a CD or USB Flash drive (your choice), then bring the file to each system and run it there.

Hope this helps.

Ron Metzger