0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2015 10:43 AM by stev379

Wake up agents fails after ePO server VM snapshot restore

stev379

ePO 5.0.1 Build 228

Windows server 2008 R2 Standard 64bit

Does anyone have a suggestion to get our ePO server communicating again?

Thanks!

After a failed upgrade, ePO's console would not open. I reverted to a saved snapshot, but clients don't seem to be communicating properly now. They were fine before this upgrade attempt.

I was thinking of disjoining and rejoining the ePO server to our domain, but that could make it worse and the snapshot has been deleted already so I can't revert again.

EDIT: The extensions page under "Server" has both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 extensions. Not sure how since I reverted to a snapshot, but I'm thinking removing the 5.1.1 extensions could help?? Anyone know anything about that?

I attempted to upgrade to 5.1.1. It ran progress bars and looked good for about 45 minutes, but then failed with the 'interrupted' error below. I don't have the exact verbiage and it takes about an hour to get it to recur.

ERROR: "Installation failed because setup was interrupted".

The App Event log shows the "success or error status: 1602"

I'm logged on with my domain admin account that I've used to upgrade ePO in the past.

Not sure if this matters, but near the beginning of the upgrade, I got this message, but the install continued. I did do the backups as stated in KB66616. Backed up the directories and also saved a snapshot of the server. And backed up the SQL DB.

ERROR: Setup was unable to backup the existing ePolicy Orchestrator folder C:\Programs Files\McAfee\ePolicy

Screen Shot 2015-03-20 at 5.03.17 AM.png