i would check in this way
1) check the server.log on EPO if there is any communication issu with the endpoint
2) check the "Sequence error" query if that client is listed.
3) Check the sitelist.xml file on the client if there is any issue.
4) Stop McAfee Agent, remove the agent GUID entry in the registry and start the agent again.
5) Try to uninstall the Agent with frminst.exe /forceuninstall. Reboot the system and install the agent again.
Thanks for your reply. Two questions:
1. Where would I find the sitelist.xml file
2.Where in the registry would I find the McAfee Agent GUID.
I just looked in the threat log on the ePO, and it shows the Win 7 box as in a Managed state 30 minutes ago, but if you go into the Systems Tree, its Unmanaged. what could cause this?
I'm an idiot. I found the Win 7 box in the Lost and Found area or the Systems Tree. How it got there I have no idea. I had the same unit in two places.
if there is no sorting criteria configured in the system tree the systems are sorted automatically into Lost&Found.
Under Lost&Found a group with the domain name of the endpoint is generated and the system is sorted into it.
You can do a sorting test with the client to check why the system is sorted in this way. Also check the sorting status if the system is not sorted automatically.