5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2015 11:33 PM by kumar.raja67

error EE120000 - Endpoint Encryption is not currently active

kumar.raja67

Dear Team,

We have 5000 machines with McAfee EEPC 7.0.3 installed and also encrypted. Recently 2-3 machines OS corrupted.so now we are unable to login the machine.

So we have followed the McAfee EETech winpe we have created the iso image and make the bootable USB and boot with USB stick on the machine.

We have imported the code & XML file and also we have set the boot disk.after performed all the steps still in file we unable to see the machine drives.

And also Remove EEPC option selected means we are getting the error "error EE120000 - Endpoint Encryption is not currently active"

We need to recover the data on those machines.so kindly provide the workaround for this issue.

Regards,

Kumararaja J

• 1. Re: error EE120000 - Endpoint Encryption is not currently active
          kumar.raja67

Dear Team,

Anyone help me for the above query.

Regards,

Kumararaja J

• 2. Re: error EE120000 - Endpoint Encryption is not currently active
            jhall2

Please ensure that you specify the boot disk by clicking "Set Boot Disk" and selecting the correct disk. The error implies that the MBR on the disk is not a EEPC MBR. So either the MBR has been overwritten or the wrong disk is selected.

• 3. Re: error EE120000 - Endpoint Encryption is not currently active
              kumar.raja67

Dear Team,

We have seen 2 disk (Disk 0 & Disk 1) in the set boot disk option. We have set Disk 0 & Disk 1 and we have tired.
              But still we unable to see in the drive folder.

The error implies that the MBR on the disk is not a EEPC MBR. So either the MBR has been overwritten?
              In what scenario the MBR has been overwritten.

We are using EETech 6.0 iso image for recovering the data. Earlier we have tried many system we have successfully recovered the data.

Is their any issue in EETech version.

But these machines having the issue. Give me some more details and how we can recover the data for these kind of scenario.

Regards,

Kumararaja J

• 4. Re: error EE120000 - Endpoint Encryption is not currently active
                jhall2

The MBR stores the crypt list which specifies the sectors in which the are encrypted. If this is missing, DETech assumes that no sectors are encrypted and when the partition list is queried and the partition headers are inspected, the headers are encrypted and no partition will be available meaning you will not see C: listed. If the MBR has been overwritten, the disk will most likely need to be force decrypted. KB66433 is Best practices for manually decrypting an encrypted hard disk.

Please note, EEPC 6.0 went end of life December 2012. If you are utilizing a EETech 6.0 disk for a newer version, this is not expected to function.

• 5. Re: error EE120000 - Endpoint Encryption is not currently active
                  kumar.raja67

Dear Team,

Thanks for the update.

please correct me if anything wrong.

For Example if we encrypted the machine with MDE 7.1.1 and it is working fine. After sometimes the OS got corrupted on that machine. Mistakenly we are connecting the same HDD as secondary in another encrypted machine with EEPC 7.0.3 for Data recovery.In that container we have product setting policy for encrypt all drives.
                  By that time again encryption will start on the Encrypted secondary HDD which we connected with product MDE 7.1.1. but again with the middle of encryption he disconnected the HDD means the partition are not completed properly.
                  This is the product behavior rite.

By our case will be the same scenario.If you give me the update I will try to avoid this issue in future and also I will
                  inform to my team to handle the proper way.

Same scenario for XML file (Export recovery Information)

* For Example I have machine name "test" I have exported XML file in EPO server for EETech WinPE procedure recovery. the same HDD I have connected in another machine as secondary but that time the HDD is encrypted and again I am connecting the same HDD to the original machine "test" and now I am exporting the XML file in EPO server means it will same as earlier one or it will change the XML file.

Kindly update me.

Regards,

Kumararaja J