3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2015 9:16 AM by thyvarin

"Url Translation" feature on NGFW

imejia

Hi everyone,

Have anyone achieve some kind of "URL Translation" as the FWE does it on a NGFW ? TKS!!

• 1. Re: "Url Translation" feature on NGFW
          thyvarin

Hi,

I'd guess you are talking about this FW-ENT feature (e.g. page 174 in 8.3.0 product guide):

"Use URL translation to configure your firewall to redirect inbound HTTP connections based on the URL

contained in the HTTP request.

By examining the HTTP application layer data, the firewall determines which internal web server

inbound requests are destined for even if multiple servers share the same external IP address, as is

common in virtual hosting environments."

Currently NGFW does not have this kind of reverse proxy operation. I'm not sure if something like this is already in plans but perhaps you would like to create product enhancement request for URL translation feature here:

https://mcafee.acceptondemand.com/

BR,

Tero

• 2. Re: "Url Translation" feature on NGFW
            imejia

Exactly! that's the feature i was looking for on the NGFW....thanks for you suggestion.

• 3. Re: "Url Translation" feature on NGFW
              thyvarin

You're most welcome! As another suggestion, you could also contact your McAfee account manager/sales rep and have them check with Product Management if URL Translation feature is already planned for NGFW (and if it is, which version we are targeting it for).

BR,

Tero