2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2015 9:31 AM by Haaris Faizan

Agent communication failed

Haaris Faizan

My agent 4.8 installed working fine in EPO 4.6 but there is a problem I am unable to troubleshoot.

Scenario is:-

Because of problem of solidcore on one server,that server is booted from secondary disk(earlier it was working on primary disk where agent is communicating properly).Now when we wakeup agent and check the server task log,it showing wake up agent task completed successfully but the last communication time was not showing as latest.Also,when check agent log,its giving some error.

When I uninstall the agent and install it again,it started communicating properly but why its happening ,No idea?

There is no agent handler and no relay agent in our environment.

I have attached agent log.

Can anyone tell me the reason why its happening(happened with 3 or 4 servers)

• 1. Re: Agent communication failed
          hem

In the attached log I see 'server busy' error

2015-03-09 13:58:31 [6919]  (8)     [imsite] [I]Upload from: /opt/McAfee/cma/scratch/Unpack/pkgMonMar90828312015_17368.spkg
          2015-03-09 13:58:31 [6919]  (8)     [imsite] [I]Upload response target: /opt/McAfee/cma/scratch/Unpack/pkgMonMar90828312015_7805.spkg

2015-03-09 13:58:31 [6919]  (8)     [naInet] [I] failed to receive package..server is busy

When we get this message, we need to review ePO logs also (start with server log). From there you will get some clue about the issue.

• 2. Re: Agent communication failed
            Haaris Faizan

Ok ,i will check but let me know one thing that if i will reboot the server from secondary disk,the agent will not able to communicate??