I have moved this to VirusScan Enterprise for faster support.
I also removed the email portion of your user name for your safety and privacy, it is now javier.p
You must log out and back in again as javier.p to continue.
After entering a virus and mcafee give me an extra-dat to clean, domain fax-voice.com although no exist, my local machine responds to ping
it is not normal to respond to ping 127.0.0.1 fax-voice.com
Since I do not have the Extra-Dat you have in your possession, I can only surmise as to what was 'Cleaned' on your system.
It is possible that your Hosts file was changed (during/by the extra-dat cleaning) to block further access to fax-voice.com by redirecting all attempts to localhost (127.0.0.1). Check this file:
"%SystemRoot%\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts" for an entry that looks something like:
If you find this entry in your Hosts file, then this explains the response given by Ping. If found, I would leave it there as one layer of protection to block access to this domain.
Let us know what you found.
I hope this is 'Helpful.'
the host file is ok.
this is the file.
# For example:
# 220.127.116.11 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 18.104.22.168 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
OK, so it's not in the Hosts file. Perhaps a 'Route -p Add ...' entry (or equivalent command; maybe the McAfee mini-firewall is acting as a proxy), exists which would do the same.
In any case, this is a redirection to LocalHost which is a way to stop access to the domain fax-voice.com. This would seem a good protective measure if fax-voice.com is a problem site.
Re-reading the original post, I have some questions for you.
1) Are you still Infected with whatever got you the need for the ExtraDAT?
2) What was the Infection called?
3) Is fax-voice.com related to the infection?
4) Who did you contact to get the ExtraDAT file? Was this ExtraDAT file given to you specifically for this infection? Was this person a McAfee Support Tech?
5) Is the only problem you are experiencing now, the issue with 'Ping fax-voice.com,' or are you experiencing other issues? Can you describe these issues?
6) Are you simply looking for an explanation for the ping response or is there something else that you are trying to address?
What help can we do for you?