0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2015 3:41 PM by ziad1

How to use EsmFilterGroup?

ziad1

I'm using the SOAP API to issue some queries to Nitro ESM. I'd like to have a filter query on multiple columns (e.g. SrcPort = 123 OR DstPort = 80), or multiple values of the same column (e.g. DstPort = 23 OR DstPort = 514).

From the ESM API page, it seems that we need to use a EsmFilterGroup object. I have the following pseudo-code:

filter23 = new EsmFieldFilter()

filter23.setField("DstPort")

filter23.setValue("23")

filter23.setOperator(EQUALS)

filter514 = new EsmFieldFilter()

filter514.setField("DstPort")

filter514.setValue("514")

filter514.setOperator(EQUALS)

filterGroup = new EsmFilterGroup()

filterGroup.setLogic(OR)

filterGroup.getFilters.add(filter23)

filterGroup.getFilters.add(filter514)

config.getFilters.add(filterGroup)

However, I get an exception when I run the query (using qryExecuteDetail()):

com.mcafee.siem.api.v2.EsmException: ERROR_SQLiFilterItem (255)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_25]

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessor Impl.java:57) ~[na:1.7.0_25]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructor AccessorImpl.java:45) ~[na:1.7.0_25]

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526) ~[na:1.7.0_25]

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.fault.SOAPFaultBuilder.createException(SOAPFaultBuilder .java:130) ~[na:1.7.0_25]

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.j ava:108) ~[na:1.7.0_25]

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.j ava:78) ~[na:1.7.0_25]

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SEIStub.invoke(SEIStub.java:129) ~[na:1.7.0_25]

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy35.qryExecuteDetail(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]

Note that I am able to successfully run a query with a single filter set (e.g. config.getFilters.add(filter4624)). What is the correct way of specifying multiple filters OR-ed together for a single query?