2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2015 3:21 AM by palex

DLP device rule - format user notification message?

ewallig

Hi,

Just starting a DLP deployment with the near-term purpose of controlling USB devices. I have a PnP rule working for USB mass storage devices (flash drives, ext HDDs, etc) - part of that rule includes an alert message to users who plug in unauthorized devices. The rule works but I would like to know if there is any way to do simple formatting of the message - right now it looks like this:

ATTENTION! You have inserted a USB storage device that is either unauthorized or needs to be checked by company I.T. Please contact I.T. for additional instructions. DO NOT IGNORE THIS MESSAGE - we are currently in a grace period for reporting devices; once the grace period expires your device, authorized or otherwise, will be blocked.

I'd like it to look like this:

ATTENTION! You have inserted a USB storage device that is either unauthorized or needs to be checked by company I.T. Please contact I.T. for additional instructions.

DO NOT IGNORE THIS MESSAGE - we are currently in a grace period for reporting devices; once the grace period expires your device, authorized or otherwise, will be blocked.

I tried basic line return symbols (\n) and HTML <br> to break up the text w/o success - is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance.....Ed

• 1. Re: DLP device rule - format user notification message?
          palex

Hi, ewallig!

I contacted the technical support. They said that they supported many variables (symbols). The list of characters they do not say that they do not. Where did they know then that other variables are supported?

I know of only one symbol -%s. I tryed to use, for example,%a,%a ..., !a ..., @a ..., #a ...

Nothing works.

Very sad, but address them in 4 times is not very desirable.Still does not help, as usual !!!

In your case I suggest manually add a message in the required number of spaces. This will help because you do not have the variable% S, which can increase or decrease the length of the message. Only have to test a few times.

Good Luck!

• 2. Re: DLP device rule - format user notification message?
            palex

Today updated the information. Other variables besides% s are NOT supported. If there is a need to transfer to another line offer, you can put the right amount of white space.