5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2015 9:57 PM by rmetzger

VSE 8.8 Scan Engine 5700 SuperDAT?

samerrill

Is there a SuperDAT available to update the scan engine to 5700?  I am able to manually update using the KB82747 procedures however I have systems fielded at DoD sites that do not connect to a network and operators do not have the skill or authority to make the manual updates.

Thank you for your assistance

• 1. Re: VSE 8.8 Scan Engine 5700 SuperDAT?
          ansarias

If those machines are reporting to ePO console than you can update it through McAfee Agent product update task (In ePO console > Policy > Client task catalog > McAfee Agent > Product Update).

I request you to follow below steps to update Engine through ePO console.

1. Download McAfee Engine package to Security updates site, Refer below link and screen shot.
            http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx
            ScreenShot_ 07.01 04-Mar-15.jpg
          2. Replicate the engine package to all distributed repositories through replication task.
          3. Navigate to Product update task and select the Engine tab (Under Package types) in regular DAT update task (If created it already).
            ScreenShot_ 07.07 04-Mar-15.jpg
          • 2. Re: VSE 8.8 Scan Engine 5700 SuperDAT?
            rmetzger

samerrill wrote:

Is there a SuperDAT available to update the scan engine to 5700?  I am able to manually update using the KB82747 procedures however I have systems fielded at DoD sites that do not connect to a network and operators do not have the skill or authority to make the manual updates.

Since your systems are Not connected to a network (therefore not connected to an ePO server) and if not getting updated via McAfee sites directly, outside of the manual method, only 2 methods (that I know of) exist to upgrade the engine to 5700.

1) Install VSE to v8.8 with Patch 4 as a complete install.

2) Install the SDat5700Eng.exe that is available by contacting your Support Rep. This file is provided given justifiable reasons. Under these circumstances I am expect that you may qualify for the separate sdat engine update.

Purhaps William Warren can provide you with some help. I will share this thread with him to see if he can assist.

Be advised: the SDat engine update is not the most sophisticated updater as it is not very 'smart' in it's update process. Therefore, use it with a backup plan in place that can get back to a known working condition if something goes wrong with the engine update process. This is one good reason the SDat5700eng.exe engine update is not made generally available.

Good luck, I hope this is 'Helpful'

Ron Metzger

• 3. Re: VSE 8.8 Scan Engine 5700 SuperDAT?
              samerrill

Thanks for the reply.  Since my systems are not on a network and do not report to an ePo I don't think this will work for me.

• 4. Re: VSE 8.8 Scan Engine 5700 SuperDAT?
                samerrill

Ron,

Thanks for the reply.  This may be an option.  Now I just need to find out who my support rep is. 

r/Scott

• 5. Re: VSE 8.8 Scan Engine 5700 SuperDAT?
                  rmetzger

Hi Scott,

Yes. A Support Rep. Who has your 'Grant Number?' This is the person who should be contacted first to handle the Support Call, usually. Heck, this person may already have the SDat5700Eng.exe file already. Work your chain of command to that person and ask the question.

If you have the Grant Number (sent to you, in your name) then contact Tech Support and ask them to give you your Support Rep's name. Have them connect you.

Once you have the file, maybe cut it to a CD and ship it to these Systems in need. (Put the latest ????xDat.exe on there as well.) Then you can distribute this to the systems and walk them thru the updates.

Anyway, I hope this is 'Helpful.'

Ron Metzger