5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2015 8:21 PM by scarney

Signing an executable with Multiple Certificates

scarney

We have an executable that will be running on two product lines.

• Each workstation has v.6.1 of Application Control installed an enabled.
      • Each contains it's own certificate.
      • The executable is signed using a signing certificate for each product line.
      • When I view the Properties of the executable on Windows Server 2008 R2, there is a Digital Signatures tab and I can see the two distinct certificates.  I can verify the origin of each.
      • I am using a SignTool that supports the /as option.
      • My command line looks something like: 'signtool sign /d "Our first description here" /f "path\to\first\signing\certificate.pfx" /p "password on first cert" /as "path\to\exectuable'; signtool sign /d "Our second description here" /f "path\to\second\signing\certificate.pfx" /p "password on second cert" /as "path\to\executable"'
      • When I run the executable on the system in which McAfee has only the first certificate in it's cert store, it works.  McAfee doesn't block the executable from running.
      • When I run the executable on the system in which McAfee has only the second certificate in it's cert store, it blocks the executable from running.  It is like it doesn't 'see' that the executable is signed with the second cert.
      • Is this a configuration issue?  Is there a way to configure McAfee Solidifier to recognize multiple certs?  Or ... is it the way I am appending the second cert that causes trouble for McAfee.  Windows sees the multiple certs.