1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 3, 2015 9:22 AM by JoeBidgood

Run Client Task greyed out

pwalski

I don't know if this is documented anywhere, but I am running ePO 5.1.1 and my endpoints are running agent 4.8.0.1500. I am in the process of a production rollout of AV to systems, deploying through ePO. It's small batches so I've been tagging those systems and then filtering my view in ePO for those tagged machines (on average 50 systems). However when I do the select all checkbox, and go to Actions/Agent the Run Client Task is greyed out. If I select all the systems manually and go to Actions/Agent the Run Client Task is available.

Is this some sort of bug? It's really more of a tedious process than anything, and was wondering if there was something I was missing.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Run Client Task greyed out
          JoeBidgood

This is by design - in earlier versions of ePO the results were returned a page at a time, so the "select all" option only allowed you to affect a limited number of machines. In 5.x, the results are returned in a scrollable pane, and so select all allows you to potentially affect your entire estate. For that reason various actions are not available when select all is used.

HTH -

Joe