1 2 3 4 Previous Next 30 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2015 10:15 AM by Vinod R

mcieplg.dll causing Internet Explorer to crash

2harts4ever

Hi,

For the record I have been using McAfee Multi-Access-Internet Security 13.6  for about two months while running Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1.

The last few days Internet Explorer has shut down two or three times a day and when I go to Event Viewer the following two lines are shown each and every time it has to close:

Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 11.0.9600.17416, time stamp: 0x5452eed9

Faulting module name: mcieplg.dll_unloaded, version: 3.7.2.117, time stamp: 0x54c9457a

I am just curious if anyone else has heard of this "dll" causing IE shutdown problems?  If so, is there a way to correct it?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

• 1. Re: mcieplg.dll causing Internet Explorer to crash
          catdaddy

2harts4ever,

The latest version of Internet Explorer is - 11.0.9600.17633. KB3021952. Could you please check and see if you have the Latest Version of Internet Explorer 11? As I personally utilize it myself, and have not received such prompts.

Regards,

Catdaddy

• 2. Re: mcieplg.dll causing Internet Explorer to crash
            catdaddy

Also, after revisiting the 'mcieplg.dll' has me wondering if it has to do with your Site Advisor Version as well?

• 3. Re: Re: mcieplg.dll causing Internet Explorer to crash
              2harts4ever

Hi catdaddy,

I appreciate your response. My Internet Explorer version is:  11.0.9600.17631 and my Site Advisor version is:  Build: 3.7.2.194 updated 2-25-15.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

• 4. Re: mcieplg.dll causing Internet Explorer to crash
                catdaddy

You are quite welcome Please apprise us if you experience any further issues.

If you personally feel that your concerns have been addressed. Please appropriately mark Answered Correctly, as it will assist others.

All the very best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

• 5. Re: mcieplg.dll causing Internet Explorer to crash
                  2harts4ever

Hi catdaddy,

I just remembered  something called 'McAfee Virtual Technician' so I found it and ran it.  It came up clean in all aspects of my McAfee installation.  So I am going to just sit back and see if I have any new IE shutdowns caused by this 'mcieplg.dll'.  If I do, I will post back in this same thread.

I will hold off marking it solved until I see what happens in the next few days.

I appreciate your help and patience once again.

Have a great day!

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

• 6. Re: mcieplg.dll causing Internet Explorer to crash
                    catdaddy

That makes perfect sense   Thank you....

All the very Best,

CD

• 7. Re: Re: mcieplg.dll causing Internet Explorer to crash
                      2harts4ever

Hi again,

Unfortunately ... I am back.  A few minutes ago I was faced with another IE shut down caused by this 'mcieplg.dll'.

For added information I bring your attention to my current IE and McAfee Site Advisor versions listed below followed by the Faulting application name and module versions.  Maybe this will help shed some light on these IE application errors.  Note the difference in the version numbers.

My current IE version is:  11.0.9600.17631.  The faulting application name is:  IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 11.0.9600.17416

My current Site advisor version is: 3.7.2.194    The Faulting Module name is:    mcieplg.dll_unloaded, version: 3.7.2.117

I have to get some shut eye now and I will check back in the morning to see if the difference in version numbers sheds any new light on the problem.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

• 8. Re: Re: mcieplg.dll causing Internet Explorer to crash
                        catdaddy

Hi 2harts4ever,

Could you please confirm if you see the following info:

Version - 11.0.9600.17633

Update Versions: 11.0.16 ( KB3021952 )

Product ID: 00150 - 20000 - 00003 - AA459

Of course you are running Windows 8/8.1,where as I am running Windows 7 Sp1.

It could be your Site Advisor ActiveX for Internet Explorer 11 causing issues. You could possibly try either removing it all together, or Installing over it from www.SiteAdvisor.com. I assume you have made certain you are entirely up to date with all of your Windows Updates/Add-Ons as well.

You can also run a 'sfcscannow' in command prompt to check the integrity of your installed updates.

If you feel the need to, Technical Support is available 24/7 (Free) via Phone/Online Chat being much quicker. Please keep us apprised of your results. Services and Support for Home and Office

Kind Regards,

CD

• 9. Re: Re: Re: mcieplg.dll causing Internet Explorer to crash
                          2harts4ever

Morning catdaddy,

(1)  My IE version information is identical to what you posted EXCEPT my version number ends with '17631' instead of '17633'.

(2)  I am completely undated as far as Windows/add-ons are concerned.

(3)  This morning I went ahead and reinstalled Site Advisor from the link you provided and it reinstalled without any problems.

(4)  I took your advice and ran 'sfc /scannow' three (3) times.  Each time it reported that "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them".  The report gave me the file location of the log describing the scans.  I found the logs in question but when it comes to understanding them it is way over my head.

I guess for now I will just sit back and see if any of the corrupt files that were fixed  helped solve my error problem.  If my IE errors continue I will continue to search for a solution.

Once again I thank you for your time and patience.  If you have any other ideas feel free to throw them my way.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

1 2 3 4 Previous Next